Perhaps it’s their cotton ball-like body or their uneven large feet or their adorable long ears or their fascinating tail or perhaps all of these are what make Baluchistan Pygmy Jerboa the cutest rodent in the world. Below is the picture of a baby Jerboa. We have just heard this is actually the work of Terumi Ohta of TrueStyleLab.com to see more of the artist’s impressive work please visit their site after finishing the article!
Jerboa is 1.7 inch long and looks like a minute kangaroo with longer hind legs and shorter front legs. It is also known as Dwarf Three-Toed Jerboa. Although Jerboa’s population trends are still unknown, the cuties are considered to be the natives of Pakistan and Afghanistan as per IUCN Red List.
Let us learn 5 cutest facts about cute Jerboa:
1. They move around by leaping horizontally, vertically and zigzag.
2. They don’t drink water directly but get it through plants and insects they eat.
3. There are 33 species of Jerboa in total.
4. Jerboa was used as a mascot by Britain in World War II because of their quick nature.
5. Jerboas aren’t good as pets because they are associated with monkey pox.
If you want more cuteness, watch Jerboa in this video: